How to Get IRS Forms and Publications | Business
The Internal Revenue Service provides free tax forms and publications on a wide variety of topics – from tax credits for individuals to a tax guide for small businesses.
Here are four easy ways to obtain tax forms and publications from the IRS:
1. On the Internet: You can get IRS forms and instructions quickly and easily by visiting the IRS.gov website 24 hours a day 7 days a week. They often appear online before they are available on paper. To view and download tax products, select “Forms and Pubs.”
2. By Telephone: Call 1-800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676) Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time to order current or prior year forms and instructions or IRS publications. Hours of service in Alaska and Hawaii follow Pacific Time. You will receive your order by mail, usually within 7 to 10 days.
3. In IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers: There are Taxpayer Assistance Centers located across the country where you can pick up many IRS forms and publications. IRS offices also offer face-to-face help for taxpayers who want personal tax assistance.
To find the Center nearest to you, visit IRS.gov and click on “Help & Resources” and then “Contact Your Local IRS Office.” Select your state for a list of offices, as well as a list of services available at each office. You can also find a Center near you by using the “Office Locator” link, which allows you to search by using your zip code.
4. In Your Community: Many libraries and post offices offer free tax forms during the tax filing season. Some libraries also have copies of commonly requested IRS publications.
For additional information about free IRS tax products and services, see Publication 2053A, Quick and Easy Access to IRS Tax Help and Forms, and Publication 910, IRS Guide to Free Tax Services.
This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific, individualized tax advice as individual situations will vary. Royal Alliance Associates, Inc., Georgetown Capital and its advisors are not engaged in rendering tax advice.
Prepared by the IRS. For more information go to www.irs.gov.
Registered Representatives may only discuss/and or transact securities business with residents of the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI
Representatives offer Securities and Advisory Services through Royal Alliance Associates, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC and a registered investment advisor.
Georgetown Capital Group is independent of Royal Alliance Associates, Inc. with separate ownership, and is not registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor.
Joseph V. Curatolo, President of Georgetown Capital Group
5350 Main Street, Williamsville, NY 14221
Phone #(716) 633-9800 Toll Free 1 (800) 648-8091 Fax #(716) 633-9789
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Show Them the Love: Low-Cost, High-Value Employee Benefits
- What will happen to my digital assets if I die or become incapacitated?
- What can I do to protect my username and password information from computer hackers?
- Should You Roll Your 401(k) to an IRA?
- IRS Reverses Long-Standing Position on One-Rollover-per-Year Rule