Local Restaurant Week Spring 2014 Starts Monday!! | Events
Local Restaurant Week is a biannual event that celebrates the vital role our local independent restaurants and vendors play in contributing to Western New York’s cultural identity and regional economy. And that’s just for starters. For diners, it’s also an opportunity to sample new foods and experiences at our local independent restaurants. With Dining Features starting at just $20.14, diners have a great reason to skip the usual national chains and give local independent restaurants a try. Of course, the money diners spend at our locally owned independent restaurants stays right here in WNY and helps make our community stronger. Combine all those ingredients and Local Restaurant Week is truly “An Event of Gastronomical Proportions!”
Local Restaurant Week is the largest independent restaurant promotion in the country
· Includes 200 participating restaurants: casual, fine dining, ethnic and eclectic!
· $8 million annual local economic impact
· Local food service industry is the region’s second largest employer
· Local independent restaurants contribute immeasurably to our regional culture
· Encourages participating restaurants to support local vendors