Five Guys Burgers and Fries Opens in WNY | News
AMHERST, N.Y. - A burger chain popular in the mid-western United States has opened its first location in Western New York.
Five Guys Burgers and Fries opened Monday morning to a crowd of burger fans eager for their first taste of what's likely to become a popular eatery.
Steve Christensen franchised the restaurant here and has plans to add four more locations around Buffalo in the next year including the Walden Galleria.
"We just what to focus on these three main products: burgers, hotdogs, and fries," said Christensen. "We feel we can produce them better than anyone else out there."
Five Guys Burgers and Fries opened its first restaurant in Arlington, VA in 1986 and has expanded across the country since then. Today there are over 750 locations in over 40 states.
Click on the video player above to see 2 On Your Side Photojournalist Dooley O'Rourke's report on Monday's grand opening of their newest location at 8248 Transit Road, near Maple road, in Amherst.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014
- Quiz: How Much Do You Know about Social Security?