Two Dead in Amherst Motorcycle Crash | News
AMHERST, N.Y. - Two women are dead and two others are injured following a motorcycle crash on Tonawanda Creek Road.
Amherst Police say David Smith, 53, was driving his motorcycle west shortly before 3:30 p.m. Sunday, when he drove onto the Amherst bike path, striking three people.
Two women, Jocelyn Elberson, 25, of Town of Tonawanda and Sheila Pelton, 81, of East Amherst, who were both on the bike path, were taken to Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital where they later died.
Foster Pelton, 79, who was also on the bike path, was taken to ECMC with serious injuries.
Smith was also taken to ECMC with non-life threatening injuries.
Smith was charged with Driving While Intoxicated and Criminally Negligent Homicide. Amherst Police obtained a court order to draw blood from Smith.
Additional charges may also be filed.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The 2014 Social Security Trustees Report: What Does the Future Hold?
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014