Two Dead in Amherst Motorcycle Crash | News
AMHERST, N.Y. - Two women are dead and two others are injured following a motorcycle crash on Tonawanda Creek Road.
Amherst Police say David Smith, 53, was driving his motorcycle west shortly before 3:30 p.m. Sunday, when he drove onto the Amherst bike path, striking three people.
Two women, Jocelyn Elberson, 25, of Town of Tonawanda and Sheila Pelton, 81, of East Amherst, who were both on the bike path, were taken to Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital where they later died.
Foster Pelton, 79, who was also on the bike path, was taken to ECMC with serious injuries.
Smith was also taken to ECMC with non-life threatening injuries.
Smith was charged with Driving While Intoxicated and Criminally Negligent Homicide. Amherst Police obtained a court order to draw blood from Smith.
Additional charges may also be filed.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location