Family of Motorcycle Crash Victims are Coping | News
AMHERST, NY - "I haven't even had a chance to really understand that my mom's gone, but I want to see this individual held accountable," said Nigel Pelton.
Pelton's parents were among the three people struck by an alleged drunk motorcyclist last weekend on Tonawanda Creek Road.
Sheila Pelton, 81, was killed. Her husband Foster, 79, remains hospitalized with serious injuries at ECMC in Buffalo. "He's probably more serious, but stable. He has a long road ahead of him and we don't know how long that is, but honestly when it first had happened, my husband and I were saying 3-4 weeks, but it's going to be much, much longer than that," said daughter-in-law Lisa Pelton.
David A. Smith of Niagara Falls has been charged with criminally negligent homicide for the death of Sheila and Jocelyn Elberson, 25, of the Town of Tonawanda. It was revealed in court documents that Smith has a previous DWI.
"In God's time, forgiveness will happen, but for me right now, it's just not, I'm not there," said Lisa Pelton.
On Saturday, a walk in honor of Sheila Pelton will begin at 8:30 a.m. on the Amherst Bike Path near Maple and North Forest in Amherst. It is organized by the Leukemia Society of WNY.
he's probably more serious, but stable. He has a long road ahead of him and we don't know how long that is, but honestly when it first had happened, my husband and I were saying 3-4 weeks, but it's going to be much, much longer than that.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient