Amherst Hotel Vote Tabled | News
AMHERST, N.Y. - A public hearing Monday night on a rezoning petition from Amherst residents ended without a vote from the town board.
There's a dispute about a boundary for a proposed high rise hotel.
Local developer Iskalo has plans to build the hotel in a Snyder neighborhood, right behind the Lord Amherst Hotel on Main Street.
The Amherst Town Board held off on taking action Monday night, and the issue was tabled until both sides can agree on where the boundary is.
This is the latest in a months long battle that has been argued in and out of court.
About two dozen people showed up to the meeting, adamant that they wanted the property rezoned with more of a buffer between their houses and the six-story hotel.
Amherst Town Council Member Mark Manna says he hopes both sides can come together over the next several weeks and get to an agreement about where the boundary actually is. He said if not, he is ready to vote on the residents side on this issue.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The 2014 Social Security Trustees Report: What Does the Future Hold?
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014