Concerns About Amherst Senior Housing Project | News
AMHERST, N.Y. - There are some divided opinions on legislation that would rezone a plot of land in Amherst for a proposed senior living facility.
The land sits near the intersection of Maple Road and Ayer Road.
Neighbors presented a petition to the town board Monday night with nearly 70 signatures from opposing residents.
The group's main concern is the traffic the project would bring to an area they say is already very busy.
Neighbors asked for a traffic study to be complete, but developers said the project did not warrant a study.
The town board will likely vote on whether to rezone the land at their next meeting on December 17th.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014
- Quiz: How Much Do You Know about Social Security?