Concerns About Amherst Senior Housing Project | News
AMHERST, N.Y. - There are some divided opinions on legislation that would rezone a plot of land in Amherst for a proposed senior living facility.
The land sits near the intersection of Maple Road and Ayer Road.
Neighbors presented a petition to the town board Monday night with nearly 70 signatures from opposing residents.
The group's main concern is the traffic the project would bring to an area they say is already very busy.
Neighbors asked for a traffic study to be complete, but developers said the project did not warrant a study.
The town board will likely vote on whether to rezone the land at their next meeting on December 17th.
Top Amherst Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Erie County Executive Answers Questions About Goodrich Road
- Clarence School Budget Revote Passes; Other Revote Results
- Worst WNY Roads: Goodrich Road Still A Problem
- Legislator Rath to host Radon Awareness Event - Saturday, June 22 at Clarence Farmers Market
- State Police Locate Missing Elderly Man in Tennessee