Arrest Made in Boulevard Mall Stabbing | News
AMHERST, NY - A suspect wanted in connection to a stabbing at the Boulevard Mall has been arrested.
Amherst Police the suspect, Dardrequez L. Haynes, 24, was arrested in Syracuse.
Haynes is charged with with Robbery 1st degree, two counts of Assault 2nd degree, Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd degree and Petit Larceny.
Investigators say two loss prevention officers from the Gap were in the parking lot attempting to apprehend three people for shoplifting when a male allegedly pulled out a knife and cut one of the employees in the neck, causing a 3-inch wound. The other employee was stabbed in his side.
The victims did not suffer life-threatening injuries.
At the time, police were also searching for two females who were with the male at the time of the robbery and stabbing.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Show Them the Love: Low-Cost, High-Value Employee Benefits
- What will happen to my digital assets if I die or become incapacitated?
- What can I do to protect my username and password information from computer hackers?
- Should You Roll Your 401(k) to an IRA?
- IRS Reverses Long-Standing Position on One-Rollover-per-Year Rule