Fire Forces Family out of Home on Christmas Eve | News
AMHERST, NY - An Amherst family was forced from their home on Christmas Eve after flames broke out.
Fire crews were called to the home on Margaret Road around 1:45 Monday morning.
Initial reports say the fire started in the attached garage and possibly spread to the home.
They were able to get the flames knocked out quickly but not before damage had been done to the home.
Two children and an adult are currently being assisted by the Red Cross.
There's no word on a cause. No one was hurt.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient