Trader Joe's Opening Store In Amherst | News
AMHERST, NY - Trader Joe's is planning to open a new store in Amherst sometime this year.
It will be located at 1565 Niagara Falls Blvd, right near the Barnes and Noble store inside the Consumer Square complex.
Our Facebook fans immediately complained that there is not enough parking in that location. 2 On Your Side counted only about 35 spots in front of the open property.
However, Town Supervisor Dr. Barry Weinstein said Benderson Development, which owns and manages the property, will be adding parking spaces.
The other concern with that location is traffic. Niagara Falls Boulevard is already congested, with nearly 35,000 cars per day passing through that area, according to NYS DOT data.
Dr. Weinstein said there isn't much that can be done about the congestion, unless the NYS DOT decides to change traffic patterns or add more lanes. Niagara Falls Boulevard is a state roadway, so the town doesn't have jurisdiction.
A Trader Joe's spokesperson said it's unclear when in 2013 the new store will open.
A source told 2 On Your Side that Trader Joe's is currently looking at a second location in Western New York, although no announcement about another store has been made yet.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient