Amherst Man Faces Multiple Sex Abuse Charges | News
AMHERST, NY-- An Amherst man has been arrested, accused of sexually abusing multiple children.
Amherst Police charged Kenneth F. Lee with multiple felony charges of Sexual Conduct Against a Child and 1st Degree Sexual Abuse following and eight-month long investigation by the Special Victims Unit.
The victims range from 6 to 8 years old.
"Cases like this are pretty tough," Lt. Joe LaCorte said. "There's a lot of people and children to talk to. We went back and forth, and every time we talk to someone we got someone new to talk to, and (my detectives) never gave up."
Lee had a high-profile job as vice president of a local financial firm, but 2 On Your Side has learned he was recently fired.
His company biography said he held several leadership positions with local community groups.
Lee was released on his own recognizance. He is expected back in court later this month. Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita tells us he recommended that bail be set for Lee at $25,000. That did not happen and Lee was released with no bail.
Amherst Police are continuing their investigation. If you have any information, you're asked to contact detectives at: 716-689-1393.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Show Them the Love: Low-Cost, High-Value Employee Benefits
- What will happen to my digital assets if I die or become incapacitated?
- What can I do to protect my username and password information from computer hackers?
- Should You Roll Your 401(k) to an IRA?
- IRS Reverses Long-Standing Position on One-Rollover-per-Year Rule