Motorcyclist Pleads Guilty in Fatal DWI Accident | News
BUFFALO, NY-- A Niagara Falls man accused of killing two women last November on a bike path while riding his motorcycle drunk has pled guilty.
The Erie County District Attorney's office says David Smith, 53, pled guilty to vehicle manslaughter, vehicular assault and driving while intoxicated.
Smith admitted that he was drunk this past November when he lost control of his motorcycle and drove onto a bike path and struck Jocelyn Elberson, 26, and Sheila Pelton, 81, killing both women. Pelton's husband Foster was seriously hurt, but survived.
Smith faces a maximum of 15-years in prison when he is sentenced in March.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The 2014 Social Security Trustees Report: What Does the Future Hold?
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014