Motorcyclist Pleads Guilty in Fatal DWI Accident | News
BUFFALO, NY-- A Niagara Falls man accused of killing two women last November on a bike path while riding his motorcycle drunk has pled guilty.
The Erie County District Attorney's office says David Smith, 53, pled guilty to vehicle manslaughter, vehicular assault and driving while intoxicated.
Smith admitted that he was drunk this past November when he lost control of his motorcycle and drove onto a bike path and struck Jocelyn Elberson, 26, and Sheila Pelton, 81, killing both women. Pelton's husband Foster was seriously hurt, but survived.
Smith faces a maximum of 15-years in prison when he is sentenced in March.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location
- Drums Along the Waterfront Tour of Champions Event Announces Venue Change