Motorcyclist Pleads Guilty in Fatal DWI Accident | News
BUFFALO, NY-- A Niagara Falls man accused of killing two women last November on a bike path while riding his motorcycle drunk has pled guilty.
The Erie County District Attorney's office says David Smith, 53, pled guilty to vehicle manslaughter, vehicular assault and driving while intoxicated.
Smith admitted that he was drunk this past November when he lost control of his motorcycle and drove onto a bike path and struck Jocelyn Elberson, 26, and Sheila Pelton, 81, killing both women. Pelton's husband Foster was seriously hurt, but survived.
Smith faces a maximum of 15-years in prison when he is sentenced in March.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient