Leandra's Law DWI Arrest in Amherst | News
AMHERST, N.Y. - A Buffalo woman has been arrested for DWI under Leandra's Law after she was pulled over in Amherst Saturday.
Amherst Police say 27-year old Maria Torres was pulled over on Sheridan Drive after failing to signal a turn.
Police say Torres had two children ages 1 1/2 and 4 with her in the vehicle along with another adult, and that the children were not in child-appropriate safety seats.
Police say Torres is charged with Felony DWI due to a prior conviction, aggravated unlicensed operation, unsafe lane change, seat belt violations and endangering the welfare of a child.
Torres was arraigned and sent to the Erie County Holding Center in lieu of $25,000 bail.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The 2014 Social Security Trustees Report: What Does the Future Hold?
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014