Leandra's Law DWI Arrest in Amherst | News
AMHERST, N.Y. - A Buffalo woman has been arrested for DWI under Leandra's Law after she was pulled over in Amherst Saturday.
Amherst Police say 27-year old Maria Torres was pulled over on Sheridan Drive after failing to signal a turn.
Police say Torres had two children ages 1 1/2 and 4 with her in the vehicle along with another adult, and that the children were not in child-appropriate safety seats.
Police say Torres is charged with Felony DWI due to a prior conviction, aggravated unlicensed operation, unsafe lane change, seat belt violations and endangering the welfare of a child.
Torres was arraigned and sent to the Erie County Holding Center in lieu of $25,000 bail.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location