Sheriff's Deputy Sentenced to Jail in DWI Crash | News
BUFFALO, NY-An Erie County Sheriff's' deputy will find out what life is like on the other side of a prison cell after a judge sentenced him to jail in a DWI crash that seriously injured a Tonawanda man.
Erie County Court judge Timothy Franczyk Wednesday sentenced Michael Haug, 29, to a term of 2-6 years following his plea late last year to a charge of first degree vehicular assault.
Haug admitted he was drunk when he struck 37-year-old Daniel Colosimo of Tonawanda last August.
Colosimo was on his motorcycle stopped at a red light at Sheridan and Bailey in Amherst when he was hit.
Haug's blood alcohol level at the time as .25%, more that three times the legal limit.
The accident left Colosimo with a traumatic brain injury.
Top Amherst Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Erie County Executive Answers Questions About Goodrich Road
- Clarence School Budget Revote Passes; Other Revote Results
- Worst WNY Roads: Goodrich Road Still A Problem
- Legislator Rath to host Radon Awareness Event - Saturday, June 22 at Clarence Farmers Market
- State Police Locate Missing Elderly Man in Tennessee