Amherst Hotel Proposal Pulled | News
AMHERST, N.Y. - Town leaders put the brakes on plans for a hotel near the Northtown Ice Center Monday night.
Town Supervisor, Doctor Barry Weinstein, pulled the item that called for a request for proposals for the project off Monday night's town board meeting agenda due to a lack of support.
The proposal called for a hotel, possibly two, to be built near the Northtown Ice Rink, formerly known as the Pepsi Center, on Amherst Manor Drive.
Weinstein said he pulled his resolution because the board members he spoke to said it was premature. He adds the resolution could resurface if the University at Buffalo adds a Division One College hockey team in the future.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FLAMES ACROSS NIAGARA Bonfire commemorating the burning of Black Rock & Buffalo 200 years ago
- Nichols School students sign letters of intent to play Division I and II sports
- GIFTS OF ART for the HOLIDAYS opening at Artsphere Studio & Gallery
- Senator Mark Grisanti Receives ‘Boys And Girls Town of Italy’ Man Of The Year Award
- Senator Grisanti Named ‘Men Moving Forward’ Award Recipient