Amherst Hotel Proposal Pulled | News
AMHERST, N.Y. - Town leaders put the brakes on plans for a hotel near the Northtown Ice Center Monday night.
Town Supervisor, Doctor Barry Weinstein, pulled the item that called for a request for proposals for the project off Monday night's town board meeting agenda due to a lack of support.
The proposal called for a hotel, possibly two, to be built near the Northtown Ice Rink, formerly known as the Pepsi Center, on Amherst Manor Drive.
Weinstein said he pulled his resolution because the board members he spoke to said it was premature. He adds the resolution could resurface if the University at Buffalo adds a Division One College hockey team in the future.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The 2014 Social Security Trustees Report: What Does the Future Hold?
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014