Amherst Hotel Proposal Pulled | News
AMHERST, N.Y. - Town leaders put the brakes on plans for a hotel near the Northtown Ice Center Monday night.
Town Supervisor, Doctor Barry Weinstein, pulled the item that called for a request for proposals for the project off Monday night's town board meeting agenda due to a lack of support.
The proposal called for a hotel, possibly two, to be built near the Northtown Ice Rink, formerly known as the Pepsi Center, on Amherst Manor Drive.
Weinstein said he pulled his resolution because the board members he spoke to said it was premature. He adds the resolution could resurface if the University at Buffalo adds a Division One College hockey team in the future.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The Battle of Scajaquada Creek Bridge Commemoration August 3
- Drums Along the Waterfront to Offer Free Shuttle Bus Service
- Seven Local High Schools to Host Drums Along the Waterfront Corps
- Italian Festival starts Thursday on Hertel Avenue
- The Pasta Peddler, Blackbird Sweets to Occupy Larger Hertel Avenue Location