Proposed Hotel in Snyder Gets Go Ahead From Planning Board & IDA | News
AMHERST, NY - A controversial hotel planned for Snyder is now a go after getting final approval from the town planning board and local industrial development agency.
That's despite strong criticism from people who live in that area.
Iskalo Development plans to build a Hyatt Place Hotel right behind the current Lord Amherst Hotel on Main Street.
Neighbors have fought the project for months, saying it will ruin the view from their homes, hurt their property values, and invade their privacy.
The planning board approved the project by a vote of 5-2 last night.
The Amherst IDA voted 4-3 Friday to give the project a tax break package worth more than $1 million.
2 On Your Side will have more on this story, as well as reaction from nearby neighbors, on Channel 2 News at 5:30 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Amherst
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- The 2014 Social Security Trustees Report: What Does the Future Hold?
- I'm purchasing a new laptop. Should I also purchase an extended warranty to go along with it?
- I just learned that my credit- and debit-card information was part of a data breach.
- What Is the Federal Reserve and What Does It Do?
- 10 Basic Tax To-Dos for the Rest of 2014